Data Protection Policy 01 May 2018
Canterbury Tourist Guides Data Protection Policy 2018
Canterbury Tourist Guides Ltd are committed to protecting your data and privacy. This Data
Protection Policy governs the manner in which we collect, use, maintain and disclose information
collected from you, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018, and
outlines our aim to maintain best-practice standards in our processing of personal and/or sensitive personal data.
How we collect and use your data
We may collect personal identification information from you in a variety of ways, including, but not
limited to, when you visit our website, make a booking online, send an enquiry via email, or contact
us by telephone. We may collect a variety of information including your name, email address, postal
address, telephone number, contact preferences and credit/debit card information. We will not
collect or store more data than the minimum information required for its intended purpose.
We may collect technical data from you when you interact with our website. This may include the
browser name, the type of computer and technical information about your connection to our site,
such as the operating system, your Internet Protocol (IP) address, and the Internet Service Provider
utilised, data collected through Cookies and other similar information.
Canterbury Tourist Guides Ltd may collect and use your personal information for the following
To process your booking and provide you with services.
- We use the information you provide when making a booking only to provide a service for
that booking. We use the data to process your booking, process payments, supply you with
the purchased services and to keep proper records of the transaction. We may also use this
information to contact you in case there is a question or problem with your booking. We do
not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
To enhance or improve your user experience with us.
- Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and
support needs more efficiently.
- We may also use information in the aggregate to understand how users of our
website use the services and resources provided in order to personalise user
experience and improve our website.
- We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services
To provide you with information about our services.
- We may use the email address provided to send information and updates about
your booking. It may also be used to respond to enquiries, and/or other requests.
- If you opt-in to our marketing mailing list, you will receive emails that may include
company news and event information etc. We will only do this with your consent. You can change your mind and remove or add your consent at any time. Unsubscribe instructions are included at the bottom of every marketing email.
Providing your personal data to others
- We do not sell, trade or rent your information, and will never disclose information about you to third parties, except:
- a) Financial transactions relating to our services are handled by our payment services providers, (Global Payments and Paypal). We will share transaction data with our payment services providers only to the extent necessary for the purposes of processing your payments, refunding such payments and dealing with complaints and queries relating to such payments and refunds.
- b) We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes provided that you have given us your permission.
- c) We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal
identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
Protection of personal information
- We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices, and security measures to
protect against unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of your personal
information. We will take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information, but data can
never be guaranteed as 100% secure. Please note that we will not be liable for any breach of security unless we have been negligent.
Accessing your personal information
- You have a statutory right to access any personal information that we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (for this
purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address).
- In order to exercise this right, your application must be in writing to the Data Controller, Canterbury Tourist Guides Ltd, Christ Church Gate, The Precincts, Canterbury, Kent, CT1 2EE.
- You can also ask us to correct, update or delete any inaccurate personal data. We will consider and respond to all requests in accordance with applicable law.
Retaining and deleting personal information
- We will retain any personal information we need to provide you with any service you buy for the
period during which we provide that service to you, and for a period of 12 months following the
service, unless there is a legal requirement to keep records.
- We may keep your contact details for as long as we have your consent to send you marketing
information. You may instruct us at any time not to process your personal information for marketing
- If you have a concern or think there is a problem with the way we are handling your personal
information, please contact the Data Controller in the first instance by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to Data Controller, Canterbury Tourist Guides Ltd, Christ Church Gate, The Precincts, Canterbury, Kent, CT1 2EE. We will take reasonable steps to work with you to attempt to resolve your complaint.
- If your complaint cannot be resolved by us, you have the right to raise your concern with the
Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
- We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website.
Web browser cookies
- Our website, www.canterburyguidedtours.co.uk may use ‘cookies’ to enhance the user experience.
A cookie is a small text file that is downloaded onto ‘terminal equipment’ e.g a computer or
smartphone, when a user accesses a website. The cookie allows the website to recognise the user’s
device and store some information about the user’s preferences or past actions. A user may choose
Book your place
Whether you are organising a group visit or just on holiday in the region, you can book your tour online and save time on the day.
Book your place
If you have further questions about our tours, look at our Frequently Asked Questions section:FAQs
Find out what our participants thought of their tour with us:Testimonials